Just took a look at my schedule for the next few days, and HOLY CRAP!, I have a lot going on. Aside from the normal, everyday, human adult things I’m trying to do today, like laundry and apartment cleaning, I have to finish up that Phil Hughes painting that has been kicking my ass like Popeye on a spinach bender, and design a new podcast logo and flyer to start promoting the show out in the big, scary, offline, three-dimensional, real world. I’m also still searching for a guest for Tuesday’s Yankee podcast (say YES, Kim Jones!).
Here’s a list of some of other cool shit going on and some cool places you may (or may not) see me.
- Like every weekend this summer, you can catch me working the camera for the TV show over at Monmouth Park Racetrack. It’s always a great time, so come on down and, if you’re near the winner’s circle, say Hi. (I just hope it’s not a thousand damn degrees again)
- Saturday night at The Stone Pony catch Last Perfect Thing. They’re pretty damn awesome and are gonna be swingin’ by the studio in a little over a week for a podcast. They’ve been nice enough to put me on the guest list, so you may very well see me there… alone and in a corner typing half-drunk into my blackberry.
- Sunday night the great Bill Coyle of improv comedy group Helicopter Dance Off will be coming by the studio to help me with the Monday Morning Hangover podcast. We’ll be riffing on the week that was, and answer a few listener questions.
- On Monday I’m meeting with the producer and director of “Falling To Pieces”, a short film that will be shot in and around Asbury Park to be entered in the Project Twenty1 Film Festival. I’m gonna be doing a little acting and camera work on it. They’re currently looking for cast and crew. Details can be found here.
- Monday night it’s the Best of Monmouth Summer Festival from Monmouth Health & Life Magazine. I’ll be there doing some live drawing, painting, and podcasting. I may even sing a song or two.
- Finally (phew!) on Tuesday night, at the BlueClaws’ FirstEnergy Park in Lakewood, it’s a Jersey Shore Summer Tweetup. Come meet your twitter and facebook friends in the flesh have a dog, a few beers, and catch some great minor league baseball. Details here.
After that I will crawl back into my hole, away from the sunlight, to draw, paint, podcast, and watch my Jodie Foster videos in private.